Honestly, I’m not going to lie. When I heard about this MMO. I thought it was a joke until I literally saw the Kickstarter, and I was shocked….but also extremely impressed. Day of Dragons is a survival based MMO that revolves around the idea that you are…well a dragon. Now, all jokes aside Day of Dragons has managed to secure over 500K USD in Kickstarter funding. Yes, you heard me. 500,000$. They’ve raised so much money, that they closed down the Kickstarter in a week.
So why Day of Dragons? Honestly, looking at it from an analytical perspective Day of Dragons literally defies all market trends and explanations. Day of Dragons doesn’t really offer anything new in terms of the Survival-MMO genre. The only logical explanation as to why this game has generated so much hype and success is the simple fact of “Dragons”.
Some of the features that were advertised on the Kickstarter
- Play as Dragons and unlock other playable mythical creatures such as giant Elementals.
- Survive! You come into the world as a hatchling and must eat, drink, survive, and grow to become an adult.
- Online Steam Multiplayer. Play with other people. Some creatures are players, some are AI. It all takes place on a Dedicated server that you or someone else is hosting.
- Huge Mega Map. The world is huge and beautiful with multiple biomes including forests, deserts, lava, swamps, grasslands, and caves.
- Special abilities! Some dragons can fly, breath fire, spit acid, and even turn invisible!
- Growth. Your dragon grows over time. You need to eat and drink to survive to the adult stage.
- Movement. Dragons can fly, they can swim, they can walk, run, trot, and even sleep!
- Fire! Dragons can breathe fire, some spit acid, some shoot plasma. Each dragon species is different and has different stats.
- Nesting. Dragons can lay eggs which can then be hatched by players, each egg inherits stats from each parent. Or you can spawn into the game with randomly assigned stats. Each dragon will have slightly different stats within the range of its species.
- End game. The game is more than just growing and surviving. After reaching adult, you can unravel the mystery that will allow your dragon to grow stronger, sometimes even larger, becoming an Elder dragon of your species. You may even unlock the elementals, an alpha class level playable character and be hunted for the rest of your days by every dragon on the server seeking your utter demise.
Aside from the advertised features above, there’s really not that much information publically available.
Set to release on Early Access: November ~21st Beta Access: October 19. Day of Dragons has recently concluded stress test, and from all reports is on time for November 21st.
For more details, check the following links
Rent a Server:https://nodecraft.com/r/dayofdragons