Seconds from Silence is a Medieval-style MMO that is one of the “hypes” of 2019. Featuring a complex “ruling” system, the most unique feature about Seconds from Silence it that it will support modding content, similar to Elder Scrolls. However, despite all these features that Abstract Studio boasts, there is also concern regarding the legitimacy of this game. Some players are even calling it a blatant scam.
Seconds from Silence is an ambitious title for sure. The game boasts about a complex ruling system that allows players to station advanced AI’s or NPCs. Such as setting up guards to punish players who break rules of your domain. It also allows you a wide array of choices as a player, you can establish a bandit guild, loot the seas as a pirate, or even be a duke. The choices are limitless.
Seconds from Silence also allows a pretty in-depth building system that is even fully supported by moddable content.
The list goes on about all the features Seconds from Silence boasts about. Here’s a just a hint on some of the features that Abstract Studios has confirmed.
- The Skinwalker race can shapeshift into various forms including something similar to that of the Khajit race from Skyrim.
- Character creation will include the option to select between the age groups of “Teenage” and “Senior”
- You will also be able to create your own “spells” through spell scrolls.
- Races determine style of buildings
- NPC Guards will require to be rotated for “food/sleep”
- Rebellion & Civil war do exist
- Location, Research, Resources will impact the Kingdom
- A King can distribute resources and assign them to players
- You will be able to establish your own culture within the Kingdom
Source – Forums
However, there is concerns from the community that Abstract Studios the developers behind Seconds from Silence are running some sort of complex scam. These accusations are based on individuals receiving several emails to “Donate” to the development of the game. The website is also laced with ads and other “red flags”.
These concerns are legitimate, as nothing is known about the developers or Abstract Studios. When asked from the community on a short biography, the official forum account went silent. It’s also worth noting that there is no official discord for Seconds from Silence, and the developers themselves have not even made efforts to join the fan-made discord.
Aside from these accusations, Seconds of Silence promises a lot and with that comes a lot of curiosity and hype. Let’s hope they can deliver.