◈ Short version of the interview:
– Everyone was impressed by the “love for details” in Blue Protocol.
Interactions with objects are really well done (look at the knee: https://www.famitsu.com/images/000/182/584/y_5d6f70f2c224f.jpg)
– PvP confirmed (This was something that was known for a while by checking game files)
The last test should focus more on the PvE aspect of the game. However, behind the scene, they were doing some tests on PvP and are happy with the current state of PvP development.
– The feedback which the alpha testers gave matched with the vision which Bandai had for the game.
They are happy that they understood from the beginning the vision of what the players wanted.
– The average alpha tester was in the 20s age range. Most of the alpha testers were between 25 to 29 years old.
– They do not plan to add more classes, instead they will focus on adding a mechanism which will allow the same class to grow in different directions by choosing different skills.
But they also stated that does not mean, we won’t introduce new classes later on!
– Aegis Fighter should be a class which can be focused on defense or offense but in the alpha test the class dealt too much damage even if you specialized in defense. This will be changed.
– Twin Striker has a lot of damage increase skills if certain conditions are met such as rear attacks or air attacks.
They plan on also adding a combo system to Twin Striker which will increase the damage as long as you keep hitting the enemies without being hit.
– Blast Archer players used the lock on option too much. It should help the players to hit the enemy but you will lose damage if you do not try to hit the weak points manually.
The manual aim at weak points might be difficult for small enemies but it will be a lot easier on elites, bosses and world boss mobs.
– Spellcaster might lose the small heal skill and get something else that might add a new concept to Spellcaster. It will be focused on skills with different attributes.
-They will later add weapons with attributes and are considering attribute combos. For example: if a enemy is burning and then gets frozen, it might trigger something new.
– There is no CC break skill, which is why they are thinking about interactions between players.
If someone got put in a sleep state, a party member can interact with the sleeping player and wake him/her up.
– They do not want to increase the number of skills that you can have slotted in the hotbar at the same time.
– They will add different rarity of items and some kind of “RNG” if you create a weapon.
– Communication related stuff like, chat, stamps and macros will be updated over time to make interactions between players fluid.
But voice chat is currently not planned for this game. But it might change in the future.
-Housing system might be added later on. But before that, they need to add some other elements, which kinda “connects” with the housing system.
House system without a “meaning” behind it might be bad for the game.
-One of their main focus is immersion, they are trying to not always focus on “MMO norms”. (This game will be a heaven for those who enjoy role playing)
– The game will be most likely be free-to-play with an item shop which will include costume related items.
But to sustain such a game, they might add a season pass system.
-School swimsuits have been confirmed.
–An overseas release is a topic but it is not currently their main focus. They want to make sure that the game is polished first in Japan before looking at releasing to a global market. Bandai Namco is aware that there is a huge interest overseas.
◈ More information:
– Inspiration for Blue Protocol was taken from “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”.
– The focus of the last alpha was to test server communication and stability, which is why we got an older client version to play. They had a more advanced client version ready, which they didn’t use for the alpha test.
– The mobs (enemy AI) in Blue Protocol have certain roles such as Tank, Support or DPS. Depending on the role assigned; when battling real players, they will prioritize different players in the party and position themselves according to their role.
– There will be some kind of adaptive weapons, which will change depending on players stats, skill choices/distribution.
– The next test will be a CLOSED BETA TEST. There is no announced date for it yet.
– Endgame content will be about gearing up. The focus will be about weapons, equipment and combat souls.
– Mini games will be added.