Gunslinger Heals are currently the meta in both China and Russian version of the game and for a good reason. Gunslinger heals are simply more versatile and if built properly can out heal a priest. Equipped with 2 HoTs (Heal overtimes), this makes Gunslingers the most versatile and mobile healer in the game. These HoTs are so powerful in fact that most of the Chinese use Gunslinger Heals as a mandatory class for 3v3 Arena.
Skills & Abilities
Now the skills I’ve selected are all pretty common sense. However, I’ll explain some of my choices that might seem off.
Quick Shelling vs Nature Power – The reason I chose Quick Shelling is due to the fact that Acceleration as of right now is more valuable than another single target heal. In the end-game state, when Gunslingers have accumulated at least 40% Acceleration, than it would be more valuable to swap to Nature Power.
So this is where it gets tricky. Finding the right balance between so many stats is something that you will constantly have to adjust as a Gunslinger Healer if you plan to min-max. There isn’t really a “Priority” to any one stat as they are all valuable. However, there are “Soft-Caps” that you should at least aim for at the bare minimum.
- Crit – 35%. You want to at least aim for 35% which is the soft-cap.
- Mastery – 110%. You want to at least aim for 110% with your mastery, this will be the most valuable stat as of current. This will make your HoTs extremely powerful.
- Acceleration – 40-44% Acceleration is honestly such an underrated stat. For Gunslinger Healers its extremely important. Acceleration reduces the channel time on Healing Fog, and reduces the Global Cooldown time on all abilities.
- Physical Attack/Effectiveness – These are luxury stats. Obviously due to the limitations on gear and runeslots if you have any spare room, I would stat into these stats. These will boost healing on your “Healing Fog” ability.
- Agility – Another luxury stat to boost your mana pool.
Gear (As of Heroic 10/Chaos Cap)
The best in slot gear is as follow. This is only as of current to the Heroic 10 Cap.
Weapon – Redemption Muskets (Healing Effect +7%)
Chest – Phonalogist Chaotic Cuirass Chaos 2
Hands – Phonalogist Hand Guard Chaos 2
Boots – Phonologist Military Boots Chaos 2
Ring – Donator Ring (Rune 3 slot/Boss Warrant)
Head – Nature Amulet Hat (Heroic 10)
Shoulder – Great Master Shoulders (Heroic 10)
Pants – Nature Redeemer Pants (Heroic 10)
Trinket – Fanatical Belief (Heroic 10)
Fanatical Belief – This trinket is mandatory for a Gunslinger Healer. This will literally carry your heals. This trinket has a chance to proc on any tick from your HoTs, making this insanely OP. It has no internal Cooldown and the “800 Health” scales with your stats. It’s basically a free AoE Heal on top of your AoE HoTs.
The Phonologist 3 Piece Set – The Phonologist Set from Chaos 1/2 is currently the best in slot healing set for Gunslinger Heals, the reasoning behind this is due to the fact that both set bonus 1 and 2 give the Gunslinger 185 stats ALL Around (Yes, this includes a 185 boost to crit, mastery, acceleration, and attack power). This will also be 100% uptime when spamming “Healing Fog” In total, this will basically add 370 raw stats to the Gunslinger during any fight.
Wild Healing – You should always make sure this is up 100%. > If targeting someone specifically, use “Regenerating Salve” > If target needs an instant heal immediately, use “Regeneration” > Then use “Healing Fog”.
As a gunslinger it’s okay to overheal, if nobody is taking damage you should still be spamming “Healing Fog” on the tank. Since this ability costs no mana, this is a free heal + AoE Heal with Fanatical Belief.