A new patch was released for No Man’s Sky on the Steam experimental branch bringing with it 21:9 support and additional fixes.
- Fixed a significant number of crashes and functionality issues with fleets and freighters in multiplayer.
- Added support for correctly scaling the HUD and other visual elements for 4K.
- Added support for correctly scaling the HUD and other visual elements when using alternative aspect ratios such as 21:9.
- Added the ability to customize your HUD scale.
- Added support for custom resolution scaling when playing in borderless mode.
Performance optimizations are also offered,
- Replaced the previous HBAO implementation with a newer and higher-quality temporal AO solution.
- Introduced a number of significant CPU optimizations.
- Improved the management of graphics memory pools.
- Introduced a number of memory optimizations for Xbox 1.
- Optimized the memory usage of interactive dialogue.
- Applied a series of optimizations to water rendering.
- Introduced a number of smaller general optimizations.
- Upgraded OpenVR to the latest release.
- Fixed a number of minor loading issues.
Object fixes are also included,
- Fixed an issue that caused friend’s bases to be named incorrectly.
- Fixed a number of issues where the visuals and animations of base parts did not accurately reflect their power status.
- Reduced the intensity of the glow on Light Boxes.
- Fixed a number of collision issues with base parts.
- Fixed an issue that caused a red debug box to be visible in underwater crashed ship scenes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause distress beacons to be spawned inside some large crashed ships.
- Added the full description of a base part to the Build Menu popup.
- Added a preview of a base part’s power usage to the Build Menu popup.
- Fixed a number of small visual issues with base parts.
- Improved the camera on the Battery interaction.
- Added audio to the Battery and Biofuel Reactor.
- Added audio to the Sphere Creator.
- Improved the audio when placing wires.
- Added audio when physically interacting with the UI in VR.
- Balanced the volume of the doors on the Space Anomaly.
- Added audio when switching sub-inventories.
Check out the full patch notes here.