First announced back in January earlier this year, Black Desert Online developer Pearl Abyss subsequently got the necessary permits in June. Yesterday, it was revealed that work on the massive 20-level building will begin this December, with an estimated completion date set for February 2021. Located in Gwacheon Knowledge Information Town, Pearl Abyss will have many game developers as its neighbor, especially Netmarble. The latest report also gave a brief insight on what features some levels will have. Read on for more information!
- As previously mentioned, there will be 5 levels underground with 15 levels above.
- The parking compound, which should be located underground, has 604 parking lots.
- For the 1st and 2nd levels, other than the lobby, facilities for employee welfare and testing areas are here. Other than a gallery showcasing Pearl Abyss’ works and a digital library, there is a daycare center for employees who have babies and kids.
- Located in the first 2 levels are also the sports facilities, including a basketball court and fitness center with activities such as yoga, pilates, and professional massage.
- Going up to the 3rd level, this whole space is a cafeteria. Food and drinks, nuff said.
- Next is the 4th level, where there are meeting rooms big and small for Pearl Abyss employees, including supposedly a big one for all-hands town hall meetings. There is also a streaming studio for various live-stream broadcasts, along with an audio studio where Pearl Abyss will supposedly produce music and sounds for their games.
- This is as much as we could go, the rest of the levels are most likely to house the various internal development teams. There is now over 500 Pearl Abyss employees in South Korea.
- An interesting fact is that Pearl Abyss has got to get approval from 16 different government departments before construction could begin, including social welfare groups and the local police department.
- To cap off this short article, it has been a long journey for Pearl Abyss since it was founded by Mr Dae Il Kim in 2010 after he left the Continent of the Ninth team at Webzen. In an age where mobile games thrive, the company’s core success still came from its PC MMORPG, Black Desert Online. A truly remarkable adventure, and we cannot wait to see what Pearl Abyss has prepared for us this November at G-Star 2019. Stay tuned!